Monday, May 21, 2007

My suitcase is far from being packed

This whole thing still feels unreal to me, so I haven't really felt anxious except for the period right after I got accepted into the program, and I thought I would be living in a barn with pigs. I couldn't figure out where I got this idea, but for some reason, I recalled a person on tv or in a movie going to France and being forced to live in a barn. I know that France is not like that and certainly not Lyon, but this idea kept popping into my head. I finally realized that this idea came from a Simpsons' episode. I'm pretty sure that it is not the best idea to plan trips around what has happened to Simpsons' characters.

I'll be leaving to go to France in less than 48 hours, and everyone else is more worried and stressed out than me. I have gotten random doses of nerves when I thought I've lost my camera charger or thought that I forgot to confirm my flight, but for the most part, I've been calm. The people who think I need to pack three days in advance and get a larger suitcase need to relax. I think that everything will work out okay.

No comments: