Thursday, May 31, 2007
Eat, Eat, Eat
I met my Lyon family last night, and we ate dinner together and celebrated the mother's birthday. I have never eaten that much food in a meal before. We started with a lettuce salad and a tomato and feta salad. Then, we ate spagghetti boulognaise. She put one scoopful (a nice sized scoop), and I said, merci. She was like, "Not more?" Ummm, no, and thank goodness I didn't take more because I had to eat that plus a piece of bread and then came the dessert. First, we ate a chocolate cake and then a strawberry shortcake. Two cakes? I could not finish my second piece because she specifically gave me a huge piece of the chocolate cake. After the cake, there was yogurt which I was not going near. Everyone thinks that Americans overindulge and eat too much, but seriously, I've haven't eaten that much in a long time. Oh, and breakfast was interesting, too. Croissants and brownies? We'll see what dinner is like tonight. Also, I really hope I'll have time to do laundry tonight. Clean jeans would be really nice right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Katie,
At least it wasn't another sandwich. I hope that things are going well for you. Your Mom and Bradley had to travel to Houston today in order to get Bradley his passport. Boy are you lucky you already had one. Your Grandmother and Connie got back safely yesterday. Everyone misses you.
Love
Dad
1. Dad set that blogger account up all on his own.
Too cute.
2. How did your family know you like cake?
Post a Comment