I think the first few days in Paris that I was in daze. Everyone was talking about the French people staring at them, and I hadn't noticed that at all. I think I just ignored everyone because I tend to just focus on what I'm doing without noticing what's happening around me. Once I started paying attention to my surroundings, I definitely noticed the stares. I guess the French just don't like my red tennis shoes. I also don't think they like giggling packs of American girls taking over the sidewalks and metros of Paris.
The thing that impressed me the most was L'Orangerie where the Monet paintings are. That is the most beautiful museum gallery. I loved the stark white walls contrasted with the swirling colors of the paintings. I also really enjoyed the Roman sculptures in the Louvre. How scary would it be if those statues came to life?
The only disappointments in Paris would have to be the Moulin Rouge the food. The Moulin Rouge is hyped way too much for what it actually is. I would rather spare myself the walk along with red light district with creepy men standing on the street than see the Moulin Rouge again. I think the reason why I was disappointed in the food was because I felt limited in both money and ability to find places to eat. I don't know where food places to eat are, so I ended up always eating sandwiches. I think I can lay off of the sandwiches for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Statues coming to life:
More or less scary then Helena Bonham Carter?
Post a Comment