skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I've already been up for 12 hours today, and some people's days haven't even started
- Today, we had ice cream cones that had two parts on either side of the main cone part for the ice cream. Once you ate most of the ice cream, you were left with an empty cone. Why are the cones shaped like this? I like the idea of ice cream scoops being piled one atop the other. Actually, I don't care how my ice cream is served to me. I had ice cream twice yesterday, and I could have had one more serving. Have I met my ice cream threshold yet? Umm, I don't think so.
- Next Thursday, I'm going to my French brother's school to talk. Thankfully, I only have to speak in English. I'll have to think of something to talk about. Perhaps ice cream?
- I have suddenly become a morning person. Or I have not yet adjusted to the French time schedule. The past two days I have fallen asleep around 10 pm, dressed in my day clothes, and have woken up between 4-6 am. This is shocking to me. I have never in my life accidentally fallen asleep and then slept through the night. I sort of like being up early in the morning though. One of the main benefits is that I can actually take a shower and blow dry my hair. I've found that 6:20 am is the best time to take a shower in my French house. There are still three people jiggling the doorknob to get into the bathroom, but at least, you can take a shower and wash your hair- unlike Monday where I was barely able to brush my teeth because the dad was blow drying his hair. Seriously? It's not like he has Fabio's hair. He doesn't need to take 15 minutes to blow dry his hair.
- The other day, the clouds started to pour whole buckets of French rain right when I got to my bus stop. I stood in the rain for about 15 minutes. I really looked super cute in my rolled-up, soaked jeans while the other French girls clung to their boyfriends wearing their cute trench coats from Zara. Finally, the bus came and dropped me off at my stop, amazingly. Usually the bus driver drives right past my stop even when I hit the button. There must be some sort of French secret code I'm missing. Anyways, I started walking home, and a van stops on the side of the road, and I'm thinking, "No way. I'm not getting in some stranger's car. I don't know what this person could do to me, probably make me eat liver and old cow nose masked as a Lyonnais speciality." As I approached the car, I saw my French dad's perfectly coiffed hair (it better look that good if he is hogging all of the bathroom time) and three boys laughing at me. Umm yeah, it is super funny to see an American exchange student completely drenched and miserable. Lyon- I really love your weather and sense of humor.
1 comment:
French rain?! Funny, I never thought that rain had a nationality. Is French rain different from American rain?
Your problems with the bus system are interesting to me. Something is going on there that you are missing as an outsider. Have you figured it out yet?
Post a Comment